Behaviors of Aphasic Patients
1. Anomia-problem with word finding. They know what they want to say but can't find the words to say it. Sometimes they can be cued or recall by gestures.
2. Paraphasia-use of word substitutions; may use a word that sounds like the target word, or may use a word that means something similar.
3. Neologism-Use made-up words confidently as though they were the correct word.
4. Agrammatism-Leave out the function words, use broken speech; common in non-fluent aphasic patients.
5. Jargon-Convincing, fluent speech; irrelevant and has no meaning.
6. Verbal Stereotypes-have a few words or sentences that they use over and over again to answer every question.